The Junior & Senior Rose (and Escorts) pose before the fun begins.We are delighted to say the the 'First Annual Rooskey Rose' competition was a huge success. Congratulations to the winners of the Junior and Senior competitions and a really big thanks to all who were brave enough to take part. Big shout out to the escorts too. They all took part in the best spirit and the community thanks you.
Junior Rose - Shauna Rogan / Senior Rose - Katie King with escorts
Katie King was sponsored by Ambience Beauty Salon
Shauna Rogan sponsord by Harkins BistroWe really did not know how exactly this would go as it was the first year and something quite different from other fundraisers. Although we are raising funds for the Rooskey Heritage Festival, we always like to give good value and try to ensure that people enjoy themselves. This was definitely one of these evenings 🙂 . We have a huge amount of people to thanks, we had asked for your support and we got it in abundance. Thank you -
- To our judges; Daniel Beck, Elaine Hanley and Sile O' Dowd. Hope you enjoyed the craic.
- To Brendan Farrell Shannon Side, it was a pleasure to work alongside you. Thanks for your help and guidance throughout this process and of course thanks to Gerard Antony for that wonderful tuxedo.
- To Pamela Hoey, Beautician & Make Up Artist,,who did make up for some of the Roses, thank you.
- To people who helped out on the night, especially Terry Clews, Karen and Darren.
- To Margaret Goff for the photography on the night and Ep Keenan for our background slides and support.
- To P.S. Red for your kindness and support, thank you.
- To Cox's Pub and Steak House Dromod, our festival main sponsors, a huge thanks again guys. As usual you came up trumps.
- All our Roses and Escorts. They entered into the spirit of the event with great attitude, they entertained us with song, dance, music, poetry ,hairdressing and even hoola hooping 🙂 What a great bunch you all are. Take a bow guys!
- To everyone who took time our of the busy lives to come and support the event. The buzz on the night was excellent and even a few of the 'lads' admitted it was a great night. Thanks for the continued support. With it we can bring success to the area.
SEE YOU AT THE ROOSKEY HERITAGE FESTIVAL !